Snickerdoodles!



These cookies are one of my favourite types of cookies! We have been making them in our family for quite a while and they are so much fun! (Also I got a new camera and needed to bake something to take pictures of!) 

The recipe is really simple, and is pretty darn hard to mess up, so its great for a quick cookie snack.

1 1/2 cups of sugar, 
1tsp vanilla,
1/2 cup soft margarine
2 eggs, 
2 3/4 cups flour
1 tbsp cream of tartar, 
1/2 tsp baking soda, 
1/4 tsp salt. 

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F 
Simply mix the dry ingredients together, and then add the eggs and margarine and mix until the dough looks something like this.... 
I cheat and use the stand mixer I got for my 21st birthday. I love it (the mixer) it is the best thing ever.

Now comes the fun part! Mix 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl that is large enough to allow for a full coating of the dough.
Now comes the fun part! (especially fun when your a kid!)

Fun family story time!!! I have a cousin who was making these cookies with some of the women in the family, she would make a dough ball, roll it in the sugar (managing to get more sugar on herself than on the cookie dough!) then place it on the cookie sheet. Doing pretty good so far! However she added a step in between cookie balls, she would lick her hands clean to get ready to roll the next cookie! All in all I think it paid off for her, because when the adults realized what she was doing she got the whole batch to herself! I remember kicking myself for not thinking of that trick first!

Anyway... back to the task at hand, roll the dough into 1 1/2 inch sized balls, then toss the cookie balls into the sugar cinnamon mixture and coat evenly.

Now line the coated cookie balls on a greased (I always forget to grease the damn sheet) and place sheet in the oven. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes and remove the cookies from the sheet immediately. (This step I tend to neglect and then I have some broken cookies. However you get to eat the broken ones before the company comes so no complaint here!)

Then you end up with some delicious cookies! That look pretty good to!
Embarrassing fact, I got a cool food photo background thingy and spent a solid hour taking photos of these cookies, practicing with light and colours etc. Im getting better but still need some practice!

I like the black background a lot, Im not a huge fan of the green but the picture turned out pretty good! 


Anyway Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment